“I’m not like everybody else” Camper van Beethoven
“Scrap Music” The Clean
“My Valuable Hunting Knife” Guided by Voices
“||120702b (ender)” Lackluster
“Section IX” Steve Reich
“Don’t Dance Her Down” The Fiery Furnaces
“Northern Line” Jackie-O Motherfucker
“This is a Groovy Generation” Billy Kennedy
“Collage Uber Bach: Toccata” Arvo Part
Partly inspired by Last.fm, here's a way to sum up your musical collection in a nutshell:
1. Open up the music player on your computer.
2. Set it to play your entire music collection.
3. Hit the "shuffle" command.
4. Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. That's right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It's time for total musical honesty. Write it up in your blog or journal and link back to at least a couple of the other sites where you saw this.
5. If you get the same artist twice, you may skip the second (or third, or etc.) occurances. You don't have to, but since randomness could mean you end up with a list of ten song with five artists, you can if you'd like.