I am knee-deep in comprehensive exams mess. I am leaving town for my B-Day and will be studying poolside in Las Vegas.
I thought I would share what I have read so far, since June 15:
- Birth of Tragedy
- Human, all too Human
- Thus Spake Zarathustra
- Gay Science
From my "Novel as Document" list:
- Chopin. The Awakening
- Defoe. Journal of the Plague Year
- Darnton. The Great Cat Massacre
- Dostoyevsky. Crimes and Punishment
- Eliot. Felix Holt, the Radical
- Faulkner. The Sound and the Fury
- Ginzburg. The Cheese and the Worms
- Joyce. Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
- Kempe. The Book of Margery Kempe
- Nabakov. Pale Fire
- Saramago. History of the Seige of Lisbon
- White. Tropics of Discourse
- Bataille, Georges. Blue of Noon
- Bronte. Wuthering Heights
- Capote. In Cold Blood
I doubt I will sleep much.
I doubt I will want much sleep.