Thursday, July 22, 2004

Summer-ing & Comp-ing

I feel guilty for not continuing a few of my Dagzine projects: problems for poetics, problems with poetry market, etc. September 11, believe it or not, will be the day after I turn in my exams. I will get back into the swing of things, then, I guess. I hope you all will put up with the meager offerings until then.

I am knee-deep in comprehensive exams mess. I am leaving town for my B-Day and will be studying poolside in Las Vegas.

I thought I would share what I have read so far, since June 15:

From Nietzsche:
  • Birth of Tragedy
  • Human, all too Human
  • Daybreak
  • Thus Spake Zarathustra
  • Gay Science

From my "Novel as Document" list:
  • Chopin. The Awakening
  • Defoe. Journal of the Plague Year
  • Darnton. The Great Cat Massacre
  • Dostoyevsky. Crimes and Punishment
  • Eliot. Felix Holt, the Radical
  • Faulkner. The Sound and the Fury
  • Ginzburg. The Cheese and the Worms
  • Joyce. Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
  • Kempe. The Book of Margery Kempe
  • Nabakov. Pale Fire
  • Saramago. History of the Seige of Lisbon
  • White. Tropics of Discourse
  • Bataille, Georges. Blue of Noon
  • Bronte. Wuthering Heights
  • Capote. In Cold Blood
Poolside, I will be reading Gertrude Stein, TS Eliot, James Weldon Johnson.
I doubt I will sleep much.
I doubt I will want much sleep.

No comments: